[pianotech] OT for Duaine H

Duaine Hechler dahechler at att.net
Mon Feb 27 23:19:31 MST 2012

Don,

Had to answer this one specifically:

- Update your computer using the included update function. Do not believe any update notice sent via e-mail or from a
web page.

THIS IS A - HUGE - NO !!  NO !!

I'm my days, this updates were sent on CD's and you upgraded from them - GOOD

Now for the BAD: Step back and think of what has to happen:

MS - has - to - see - everything - on - your - computer - EVERYTHING - they can even see your PERSONAL DATA !!

The demographics of your hardware and software - how much memory, disk space, audio and video setup, what software you
are running, etc.

Theoretically, all they do is download and update what you need <devil's pitchfork>

So you think it's all hunky-dory - right - WRONG - because hidden in their processes they can do, LITERALLY ANYTHING
THEY WANT TO to your system and YOU WILL NEVER KNOW, UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE - or - YOU CRASH, CAN'T BOOT AGAIN and YOUR
DEAD, EXCEPT FOR A REBUILD.

Bottom line, their intention is to INVADE YOUR PRIVACY and their is NO way for you to STOP them.

Even with Windows XP, did you know that every DVD you watch on your system, is getting SENT BACK TO MICROSOFT !!

As the story goes, about 10 years? ago now, that is how they (MS) found out the businesses were running pirated copies
of various MS software.

Duaine

--
Duaine Hechler
Piano, Player Piano, Pump Organ
dahechler at att.net
www.hechlerpianoandorgan.com
--
Home&  Business user of Linux - 11 years