[pianotech] Bolduc glue

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Fri Feb 24 15:48:37 MST 2012

> Years back when I was first starting to do this
> stuff I took one out too soon (If memory serves I laid it up last thing at
> night and I took it out the next morning.) and it looked fine at first but
> some hours later it had straightened out enough that I didn't want to use
> it.

I did this once too, but instead of cutting it up, I put it back in the
caul and wedged the ends out to tighten the curve past where I wanted
it. Next day, I took out the props and left it clamped in to settle into
the caul again (if it would). A couple of days later, I pulled it out
and it was very close. Worked!

> -- Ah, but mythology always sells better than cold, hard reason and logic.

I consider this a major defect in the mythology consumer and purveyor.
Fixing pianos is simple in comparison. I've changed my mind on about
40,000 things along the way as I learned better stuff that made more
sense. It gets easy after a while.

> If the steak is tough, sell the sizzle.

I'd rather use better weapons to catch young fast tender steak instead
of settling for the old slow unchewable stuff. Seems like someone would
eventually notice the difference.

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaa............
Ron N