[pianotech] Bolduc glue

Encore Pianos encorepianos at metrocast.net
Thu Feb 23 10:48:39 MST 2012

Ok, so who's the manufacturer?

Will

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces at ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces at ptg.org] On Behalf
Of Ron Nossaman
Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2012 12:33 PM
To: pianotech at ptg.org
Subject: Re: [pianotech] Bolduc glue

On 2/23/2012 11:13 AM, Encore Pianos wrote:
> I've never understood why they don't put a label on the bottle telling
> the user about open times, set times, etc.  Especially when you
> consider that one of its uses is to glue in soundboards and glue on
> ribs.  You would think that they would know that users might find that
> information more than a little bit useful.

Open times and set times are available from the manufacturer. Ultimate
strength figures too, though it would be nice to have all this on the
bottles. What isn't available ANYWHERE is such superfluous and uninteresting
information as the Shore hardness of the glue after curing, for comparison.
Hence the eternal random uninformed speculation of what dries hard, what
creeps, what can be sharpened into the best tool for cleaning fish, etc.
Ron N