[pianotech] OT: Piano related Poetry Trivia

Duaine Hechler dahechler at att.net
Mon Feb 20 16:02:59 MST 2012

Nope: Found in a book from 1909 "Regulation and Repair of Piano and Player Mechanism together with Tuning as Science and
Art" and the poets name is:  Dr. Zahm and his work on "Sound and Music".

Also, the previous OT postings of mine came from the same book as above. (As you may recall, this book tells how to set
the temperament (or, as in the book, "laying the bearing") using Middle C instead of the A (440) above Middle C - as
well as, finishing the tuning just using octaves and fifths.

Along with the selling of antique manuals, I like collecting antique piano related books.

One book, of which is by Zez Confrey, in the art of "raging" any piece of music. Too bad I can't play well, he has one
"far out" example "raging" the old classic "Old Folks at Home". He shows, in steps, the transitioning of notes and
chords and then "rag" tempo.

Duaine

--
Duaine Hechler
Piano, Player Piano, Pump Organ
dahechler at att.net
www.hechlerpianoandorgan.com
--
Home&  Business user of Linux - 11 years