[pianotech] 1891 Steinway Upright

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Thu Feb 16 13:26:12 MST 2012

International pitch was, I think, A-435 in the day. But then again, the
"standard pitch" has been all over the place for years and years.Still is.
 Don't know about it being designed for 440.  Ask Mr Kirkland at Steinway.
He'll know.  I'm sure some of ya'll know too, but David is great at
historical info and gives a quick response. I'd be a bit afraid of this
project.....especially since the customer doesn't  know anything on the
history of the instrument or it's care.  Find out how important A440 is
also for them.  maybe that's all they know is that today's instruments are
at 440 and just going with it.

Paul