[pianotech] open message to CA users

Joe Wiencek joespiano at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 21:35:30 MST 2012

Nick,
I just gear up to handle the fumes.  I don't use a vacuum.  I wear a
respirator that is certified for usage on fumes, even as noxious as
ammonia.  I wear chemistry lab-style goggles and latex (or other)
gloves.  Ed Dryburgh sells tips that fit onto the bottles, and if they
clog, you just nip that part off with  shears or a blade.  And a
headlamp over all that gear, to really see where you're placing the
fluid, it must look pretty scary to the piano owner, but according to
the MSDS, CA is only an irritant.  My eyes don't burn, I don;t have
trouble breathing, the only issue is a sore neck, which I accommodate
with by charging a little more for the job.
Good luck.
Joe Wiencek