[pianotech] open letter to CA users..???

Dean May deanmay at pianorebuilders.com
Mon Feb 13 08:42:07 MST 2012

  _____

From: pianotech-bounces at ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces at ptg.org] On Behalf
Of Dean May
Sent: Monday, February 13, 2012 7:55 AM
To: pianotech at ptg.org
Subject: Re: [pianotech] open letter to CA users..???

>>Is there a limit on just how loose a pin can be and still accept a CA
treatment?

>The only limits I've seen are on one old upright with a severely damaged
pin block. In the situation you've described, i.e., a block good enough to
respond to oversize pins, I've never had CA not work, even on pins as loose
as you are describing.

I might add, that even on that old upright with severely damaged block, I've
been able to keep it going. It is no fun to tune, and it barely holds, but
it does hold. I had to apply CA a couple of more times to the bad pins, but
haven't had to add any more for 3 or 4 years now.

Dean

Dean W May                        (812) 235-5272 voice and text

PianoRebuilders.com           (888) DEAN-MAY

Terre Haute IN 47802           Give us a LIKE on Facebook! Go to
<https://www.facebook.com/pages/PianoRebuilderscom/137780082943148>
PianoRebuilders.com