[pianotech] open letter to CA users..???

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 13 00:35:22 MST 2012

John,
My olde mentor, used to say, (when working with stringing, etc.): I you aren't bleeding, you aren't doing it right!<G>
You have a point re. the scratches on the plate. However, I was talking about cutting "at" the pin. That sometimes entails cutting at the agraffe and then grabbing the wire in vise grips and pulling it up to cut "at" the pin. It's a big pain in the tush, but I've done it on some of these really hardcase pianos.<G>
Regards,
Joe