[pianotech] A Report from the other side; was About my web host....

David Skolnik davidskolnik at optonline.net
Sun Feb 12 10:37:59 MST 2012

I have re-posted, to the Users Help Group list on the web forum, what
I think are the essential questions of Ron's previous post (to this
list). I think that they are legitimate questions that should be
addressed by administration, who, it seems, tend not to read or
respond to questions raised here.  This is not an accusation or a
challenge.  It's an observation.  Lately, there was criticism
expressed that this list has degenerated into little more than
carping about minutia unrelated to pianos.  If this were, in fact,
the case, certainly  part of the responsibility for that would lie
with the ambiguity as to who it is that is taking responsibility for
this list.  I've said before that the 'catch 22' in all this seems to
be that, while this is not the appropriate venue to discuss PTG
administrative issues,  it would be the appropriate place to discuss
the administration of the list itself.  Unfortunately, it's the same
people, different hats.

So, rather than ask Ron, and since his post was not private, I am
taking the initiative to do so, at this time.  I hope my editing does
not diminish the questions' intent. It doesn't mean anything will be
done, but it does raise the question as to where the conversation can
legitimately be had.

David Skolnik
Hastings on Hudson, NY