[pianotech] replacing old S&S dampers

Robert Anderson randerson79 at cox.net
Thu Feb 9 14:16:42 MST 2012

Many years ago I attended a Seminar in Phoenix where the Rappaport's
were instructors. I asked Priscilla about old S&S actions. It was a
little off-topic, but she said she had replaced them with modern
actions in institutional settings. I never got the chance to follow up
on that and get details from her, but from my experience with these
actions, that would be something to look at as an alternative to
replacing the existing parts with new duplicates. I agree with the
suggestions so far that the damper levers (with their treacherously
weak center points) are likely to cause future headaches and regrets
if they are not replaced.

Bob Anderson
Tucson, AZ