[pianotech] More Dues Paying Fiasco (Sigh.......)

David Skolnik davidskolnik at optonline.net
Tue Feb 7 08:28:29 MST 2012

Will'n'all -
As with so much of current discourse (in the world), tinder
abounds.  I suspect that, were it not for our history with HL,
whatever systemic inefficiency that precipitated this glitch would be
attributed to Horace not having designed it, or plain ol' human
fallibility.   As it is, everything ignites, like that (simultaneous snap).

At this point, it's sometimes hard for me to discern which of the
periodic frustrating episodes are due to HL, as opposed to my aging
(7 year old) computer.  I'm not saying that's your case, as you
previously indicated you're reasonably modern.

TunerWim responded, perhaps as prematurely as the cancelation letter
in question, since the last few posts reveal Encore Will to have a
sense of humor and perspective.   The Wimster's comment:
>Will, you're a nice guy, but I think there might be something that's
>bothering you that's much deeper than the trouble you're having with
>the dues payment.
is marginally perceptive.  Well, maybe the "much" was a bit of
hyperbole.  For the sake of the scope of the list, though, we should
maintain some remove from the more interesting aspects of Will's
psyche.  Stick with intolerance of systemic inadequacies.  He's Sooo
judgmental!

What is curious to me (again, not a criticism) is why, since you
(Will) chose to post here (this list) rather than the egroups PTG
Pianotech list, to which you are also subscribed, along with everyone
else who has commented, except for Chuck Behm.

So, summarizing:
- Why here, not there?
- Chuck, why not there?

David Skolnik