[pianotech] Key level and the magic line.

tnrwim at aol.com tnrwim at aol.com
Thu Feb 2 11:34:44 MST 2012

Lewis

I'm not quite understanding what you're trying to do. What is this "majic line?"

If there is a gap between the capstan and the wippen cushion (lever interface), you need to turn the capstan to close that gap, and indeed, raise the hammer line. After that is completed, you can level the keys and set keydip.

Wim