[pianotech] Old Steinway K-52 butt springs

tnrwim at aol.com tnrwim at aol.com
Thu Dec 27 14:06:54 MST 2012

Mark

I just replaced a set of springs on a 1098. I measured wrong, and got the 2" long tails, so I had to cut each one of them and bend the tip. I should have gotten the spinet hammer butt springs, (Schaff 3777) which are only 1 3/8" long, which probably would have worked without modification. Steinway doesn't sell them any more.

Wim