[pianotech] Teflon accused again

Susan Kline skline at peak.org
Mon Dec 24 11:50:53 MST 2012

Thanks, Barrie.

I had already gotten rid of teflon-coated frying pans, because of toxic
fumes if
(when) they get overheated. I still have a soup pot lined in teflon,
since it
doesn't get as hot when soup is simmering, but I won't replace it with
another
teflon pot.

I don't use very much teflon spray, and now I won't use it at all.

This article does convince me that while I will use my large existing
supply of teflon
powder, carefully and not very quickly, I won't buy more when it's gone.

Susan Kline