[pianotech] Chickering damper blocks

Delwin D Fandrich del at fandrichpiano.com
Sat Dec 22 19:38:57 MST 2012

Yes, it was me. (I've been off in a land were not all of the internet
features work most of the time when this first came up or I'd have commented
on it then. I can read the things that come in to pianotech but can't reply
to them.)

It was my first lesson in figuring out just how dampers work. And it led to
a brief study of "auxiliary mass absorbers" generally. Once you understand
how these things work you understand why so many of the modern
ultra-lightweight systems simply don't work no matter how much spring
pressure manufacturers unwisely (ignorantly?) put on them.

ddf

Delwin D Fandrich

Piano Design & Fabrication

6939 Foothill Court SW, Olympia, Washington 98512 USA

Phone  360.515.0119 - Cell  360.388.6525

del at fandrichpiano.com  <mailto:del at fandrichpiano.com> - ddfandrich at gmail.com