[pianotech] Taking pot shots

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Sat Dec 22 09:51:37 MST 2012

On 12/22/2012 9:12 AM, William Monroe wrote:
> Indeed.  Well-written, Chuck.  And, not only that, Joe, but I'll
> guarantee you that a lot of techs out there who have no initials and/or
> no membership affiliation have a lot to teach even YOU, if you're
> willing to listen.
>
> William R. Monroe

Thank you Bill. Letters after names are greatly overrated, and not
indicative of what an individual knows or doesn't know, can do or not
do, or who and what they are.

And I'd like to second (or twelfth) Chucks point (which has been pointed
out many many times to no apparent result) that we don't all see the
same pianos or have the same customers. Here in Doo Dah, for instance, I
don't recall that I have ever, that's EVER tuned a Bechstein, or a
Seiler, or a Sauter. That makes me a third class citizen, I know, but we
work on what we have available, and it's never come up. I am eternally
grateful, however, that I don't have to attempt to patch up long dead
150 year old birdcage pianos to eat. My apologies and sympathies to
those that do. At least you get to see some absolutely gorgeous case
work that my local Gulbransens, Kimballs, Pooles, and other sundry
sub-instruments conspicuously lack.

Ron N PDQ, RSVP, BFD, KISS, YMMV

PS: This genius spell checker just offered "Transsexuals" as a
correction for "Gulbransens". I'll have to be careful what I grab next
time I tune one...

Have a nice post-Apocalypse.