[pianotech] groupon

Jim Moy jim at moypiano.com
Fri Dec 21 22:14:03 MST 2012

So far, the Square card reader has done nothing but make my life easier,
gain me more customers, and make payment for some customers very convenient
(and them, appreciative). Loving it. But you do need the smartphone, and
had I not already been an owner I don't know that I would sign up for one
just to be able to swipe cards.

But Duaine, you've got the online chops, why not put up your own payment
page with the various processors available? Don't need a smartphone, and
people can pay you with a credit card, online. See my page:

  http://www.moypiano.com/payment/

People ask whether they can pay me online, I say, "sure, PayPal, Amazon, or
Google?" I leave, they go to their computer, and I get the little beep
about five minutes later on my phone with the notification that they've
made a payment. Then I smile because I don't have to run to the bank to
deposit a check. Recently, I've had a run on Amazon, and have had more
payments this year via Amazon than either PayPal or Google, combined. I
think the name familiarity with so many people makes them feel comfortable
that they know the checkout process, because they already have an Amazon
shopping account.

I've also had PayPal send me the smartphone card reader for their PayPal
Here service, but haven't tried it yet.

Jim