[pianotech] Teflon accused again

David Boyce David at piano.plus.com
Fri Dec 21 13:11:42 MST 2012

Did you notice that Teflon got accused again?  In the December journal,
on page 11, Jason Leininger says "Graphite is far less toxic than Teflon
and other petro-based lubricants. I don't think that the toxic effect of
Teflon on the human body and the environment is fully understood. I
suspect that direct repeated exposure to Teflon-based lubricants can
definitely, over time, contribute to serious health issues"

No evidence whatever is cited in support of these notions.

Best regards,

David.