[pianotech] GH-1s

Euphonious Thumpe lclgcnp at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 21 07:27:41 MST 2012

And I was wondering if the cap wood on these things was some REALLY hard, brittle stuff (like locust) that Knabe chose intentionally, that just wouldn't notch well in the normal orientation. So they turned it 90 degrees, without considering the shrinkage, and etc., that would eventually make it crack like crazy. The answer to this is not "Earth-shaking" to me; but yes, it IS odd that such an astute maker, so very familiar with fine woodworking
( early on the utter best, in my opinion!) would make a choice that leaves us with such messes?

Thumpe