[pianotech] GH-1s

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Thu Dec 20 17:30:20 MST 2012

On 12/20/2012 6:07 PM, Euphonious Thumpe wrote:
> Thanks, Ron.
> And the Knabes I have here seem to have laminated ribs throughout.

Interesting. I haven't seen one like that, just the last three or four
ribs in the treble.

> (Though it is very hard to tell, because it is just 2 laminations per
> rib, and the joints are so cleanly made.)

Yep, two laminations, one flat, one lenticular to define a crown.
Someone somewhere has pretty much tried everything at some time or
another. I always wondered why they did such interesting things with
ribs, and such truly dumb things with bridge cap grain angles.
Ron N