[pianotech] Filling screw holes

Euphonious Thumpe lclgcnp at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 20 12:23:48 MST 2012

Paul, it might not just be pushing the piano around that causes this: as I have seen, of late, MANY examples of lids being opened (even by piano performance majors, I suspect!) WITHOUT folding back the front portion first! (And, in many cases, even then letting the front portion sit on top of the music desk!) So, as ridiculous as it may sound, perhaps a diagram showing how to properly open a grand piano lid should be placed in all practice rooms? (Along with an explanation of why it is important to wash one's hands right before playing, why not to pluck the strings with one's hands, and etc....)  Hey! Perhaps I'll print these up myself, and offer them for sale to all music schools, teachers, and others in tidy, small frames!)

Thumpe