[pianotech] GH-1s

Euphonious Thumpe lclgcnp at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 20 12:14:29 MST 2012

As I sit in awe of this discussion (barely comprehending half of it!) I feel nevertheless inspired to inquire about the use of laminated ribs, and how they may provide some of the elasticity of "feathering", without so much loss of desirable strength?

Thumpe

P.S. The 1890's Knabes that I have use laminated ribs that are wide and shallow: seeming to indicate, to me at least, that wide ribs are NOT necessarily an indication of a purely CC board; but rather that this arrangement was chosen to provide a wide glue surface ( perhaps also wise because of the brittleness of hide glue) and make best use of a laminated rib's elasticity, without the undue stiffness that I suspect taller ribs would impart.