[pianotech] GH-1s

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Mon Dec 17 20:02:24 MST 2012

I was being semi facetious but I know that pushing the tension down doesn't work because I've tried it. The tone just sounds weak and thin.  Poor bass response is a soundboard issue, in my view and that's where you should look to resolve it. That's not to say there aren't bad scales but I don't think that compromising the scale to try and fix a soundboard limitation is the right approach. If the gnarliness of the bass scale is a concern because it may be overdriving the board then it can also be addressed with a lighter and softer hammer.

I haven't tried the wire you refer to to try and up the bp% so i can't really comment there.

David Love
www.davidlovepianos.com
415.407.8320