[pianotech] Trim & Moulding Glue

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Mon Dec 10 14:36:28 MST 2012

Dry heat. With a heat gun just heat both sides of the joint gently and then just pop them off with a pair of removing pliers. The heat turns the glue kind or rubbery and they will come off easily. I do a group of about 15 or so at a time. Heat the residue at the end of the shank again after extraction to more easily clean that off with what they call a shank reducer but should really be set up so that it does nothing more than remove the residue without reducing the shank diameter.

David Love
www.davidlovepianos.com
415.407.8320