[pianotech] strings

Susan Kline skline at peak.org
Fri Dec 7 19:46:56 MST 2012

Hi, Marshall

I can think of two things which might have happened. The string may not
have been seated on
the hitch pin. It may have been hooked around the top of the hitch pin.
Letting it down before
pulling it up might have released it enough that it slipped down to
where it should have been,
which would lower the pitch.

The other possibility I can think of is that a bridge pin with a crack
next to it might
have given up and gone vertical. So, without side bearing, the string
would have gone low in
pitch, but could later be tuned back up.

Best,
Susan