[pianotech] Spamatically speaking

Larry Fisher RPT larry_fisher at pdxtuner.com
Thu Dec 6 21:57:46 MST 2012

Just a friendly and hopefully not boring reminder in case any of you have pianos listed on the internet.

This is the first response for an ad I have on Craigslist (CL).  I had two such responses a minute or so apart time stamped about 3 AM.  I didn’t give it a second thought and deleted the second one thinking it was a double send.  I looked closely at it later and found the second one to be the exact same response to the second piano I have listed for the same price.  A glace at the title and all I saw was the price and deleted the second one.

I'll like to know if it is still for sale. I'm interested and I'll
like to read from you ASAP.

Talk about grammatical errors Mr. Thumpe.

Ok so I responded thinking their command of the language is a bit out of practice but maybe she plays the piano well  ...............  or maybe not.  You don’t have to know how to write the language well to be interested in my piano.

Here’s the comeback  14 hours later.

Hi,

I will like you to get back to me with its present condition. I'm
asking this because my schedules at work are so tight and I will not
be around to view it before finalizing the purchase. I think it is
better if you can email me with pictures but if that is not possible
and you can assure me of getting the best there is no problem.

I'm sending you a cashiers check and will wait till it clears your
bank before any shipping arrangement is done. Also will be sending the
payment in excess, the check will include the shipper's charge. You
will faithfully deduct your part and give the difference to the mover
for their service.

I will make sure I include sufficient funds that will cover your money
and the shipping charge.

Kindly get back to me in your next email with your full name and
address for the payment to be sent as soon as possible.

Thank you.

After a minute or two I decided to take a closer look at the this email’s twin that I deleted.  I won’t be responding to either of them.  Hey, anyone wanna buy some pianos??

Lar