[pianotech] wagner safety planer drill speed

chrisstor at aol.com chrisstor at aol.com
Thu Dec 6 16:46:17 MST 2012

David,

With respect to your question on drill speed, my operator's manual says the following in one place:  "Use in accordance with instructions.  Maximum speed is 6000rpm."

Then in another location is says: "Set the drill press belt for a high speed, but not over 5000 rpm."

With respect to your question regarding life of the tool, the manual says:  "Cutting action remains the same after sharpening hundreds of times."  I've sharpened mine once so far, so I can't tell you how long hundreds of sharpenings is going to last you.

There are photocopies of the manual at this website: http://s237.beta.photobucket.com/user/Chipncut/media/Wagner%20Safe-T-Planer%20Manual/44879e0d.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1

Chris S.