[pianotech] Mold

Noah Frere noahfrere at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 13:58:57 MST 2012

I disassembled the particularly moldy parts, including all the action parts
of 1 piano, that had acquired a good deal of mold this summer while i was
not around, and brushed the parts with toothbrushes and/or brass brush
while the vacuum ran a couple inches away. I used vinegar/water and baking
soda on the other parts (keybed, etc.) I did buy an oinizer/ozone generator
though, and it did help with odors around the home, so I think I will
ozonate all those action parts since I didn't actually spray them with an
killer. Ozone kills mold.