[pianotech] Belly talk

Jim Ialeggio jim at grandpianosolutions.com
Sat Dec 1 10:44:12 MST 2012

Thanks for the discussion.

For me these exchanges help me clarify my own thoughts through hearing
my thoughts out loud in relation to other's view points.

In this case, I have exorcized any concerns I had about keeping that
inner rim glue ledge flat, true and dead nuts simple.

Regarding how to do it, I can clean up the old rim's glue residue,
surface filled rib notches, and true the ledge in one fell swoop.  I
have a dead easy fixture setup in mind using an offset router, kerfing
bit indexed to the outer rim top edge. I'll post it next week after I
see if it blows up in my face or not.

Jim Ialeggio

--
Jim Ialeggio