[pianotech] trouble getting into a piano

Susan Kline skline at peak.org
Sat Aug 25 19:08:40 MDT 2012

A customer shared the toothpaste idea with me about 25 years ago, and
it's been great ever since. I
do show and tell with the customer's half-damp washcloth and toothpaste.
I used to tell them the
gritty type, and not the gel. Then one said, "but all I have is gel!"
and we tried it, and it worked just
as well. Just a tiny dab for two or three notes, then wipe it all off.
Finish with a fresh damp washcloth
to get it all off. Still gets dirty/greasy? You used too little. Doesn't
get dirty but feels sticky? You used
too much and need to wipe it off.

One uses what one has. <grin>

You won't need to floss because there should never be enough to get into
the cracks.

Susan Kline