[pianotech] Fwd: Felt market on keytops

James McCormac jmccormac440 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 14:20:58 MDT 2012

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <tunerboy3 at comcast.net>
Date: Sat, Aug 25, 2012 at 1:03 PM
Subject: Re: [pianotech] Felt market on keytops
To: James <jmccormac440 at gmail.com>

Hi Jim,

I tried responding to the pianotech list but I am on my iPad at the cottage
on vacation.  Instead it went directly to Encore  like this is going
directly to you. Would you be so kind as to forward this for me because I
do not have that email readily accessible so easily and tell them this...

 Harry Buyce was one of my mentors.. And that stuff works very well that he
speaks of.  However it must be used very sparingly! It does not take very
much to remove the magic marker from the key.  A little dab will do ya...
Remember that....  If you use do not use it correctly with the mindset that
a lot is better, it will melt the key top a bit so, always use it
sparingly! I still use it, but as I said, a very small amount!!!  Harry
gave me some way back then to use for free.  I love it!

Thanks!

Jerry Groot RPT