[pianotech] Action

Larry Fisher RPT larry_fisher at pdxtuner.com
Sat Aug 25 09:38:51 MDT 2012

I had an Everett that WAS antiqued white with this action in it.  I refinished it and my now ex-wife wanted it once she saw the mahogany wood under the paint.  She was into purple at that time (purple hair, purple paint, purple flowers, shoes, nails, potatoes) and so we put some purple die in the stain prior to the sanding sealer and top coats of lacquer.  Purple Mahogany  ......... spinet  ..................  Wood Brooks 90 degree action   ..............   looked .....  uh good   ............   played uh, OK once regulated kinda, sounded  ..........   thin.  I let her have it free of charge when we divorced.  I feel I got the better deal.

The piano no doubt still has a thin sound to it.  My ex however  ...............

Geez look at what time it is.

gotta goe.

Lar

I have also found it in a Gulbransen piano of a customers that I tune.

Ken Gerler