[pianotech] action ratio

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Sat Aug 25 09:24:02 MDT 2012

On 8/25/2012 10:02 AM, Joseph Garrett wrote:

> David,
> First of all, I need to know what the hell "key out...." and "key in..."
> means. Have never heard the terms. I suspect if I knew, I'd get a headache
> Joe

Jeez Joe, if you'd quit being so proud of being stuck in the 14th
century, read your journal once in a while, attend some institute
classes featuring pianos with three legs and actions with wippens, and
showing enough curiosity about your profession to spend some time
acquiring some of the knowledge that's being offered out there by those
who do, you wouldn't sound so much like a first year apprentice so often.

Go to Stanwood's site and read up a little, then look through the
archives for the many discussions about this stuff. It's not square
grand specific, but you can't have it both ways.

That's my take on that.

Ron N