[pianotech] WD40 on pinblock

Terry Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Aug 23 04:53:21 MDT 2012

Ummmm, ya might want to check your info source Thumpy - maybe try hydrophobic rather than hygroscopic. WD40 displaces moisture, it does not absorb it.

From WD40.com:
What does WD-40 Multi-Use Product do?
WD-40 Multi-Use Product fulfills five basic functions:
1. LUBRICATES: The product's lubricating ingredients are widely dispersed and tenaciously held to all moving parts.
2. PENETRATES: WD-40 Multi-Use Product loosens rust-to-metal bonds and frees stuck, frozen or rusted metal parts.
3. PROTECTS: The product protects metal surfaces with corrosion-resistant ingredients to shield against moisture and other corrosive elements.
4. REMOVES: WD-40 Multi-Use Product gets under dirt, grime and grease. Use it to remove gunk from tools, equipment and vehicles. WD-40 Multi-Use Product in liquid form (e.g., gallon) also dissolves adhesives, allowing easy removal of excess bonding material.
5. DISPLACES MOISTURE: Because it displaces moisture, WD-40 Multi-Use Product quickly dries out electrical systems to eliminate moisture-induced short circuits.

Terry Farrell