[pianotech] Two of my Best Tools!

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 22 19:25:00 MDT 2012

Terry added:
"My light. I often find that room lighting is just fine when tuning
vertical pianos - except for the high treble, up past where the dampers
terminate. It's often dark down there and sometimes difficult to see where
I am putting my mutes. I have fiddled with trying to balance a small
flashlight in the past - never very satisfactory though. So after searching
every logical place, guess what I found at Walgreen's in the school
supplies isle? The perfect little clip-on LED flashlight. Check it out!

The picture below has it clipped on a tuning pin - you can see how well it
lights up things:"

Terry,
Way cool on the light. Now, we need to learn a new word: can we say: Papp's
Stick Mute?<G> Use "Blind Tuner Techniques" and you won't need a light.<G>
That's my take on that.
Best,
Joe

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.