[pianotech] broken agraffe

Susan Kline skline at peak.org
Tue Aug 21 21:49:14 MDT 2012

I've had good luck by putting a drop or two of ballistol on the
seam, and then choosing the highest hump on the stub which is out
near the edge, and tapping it counterclockwise with a small screwdriver,
held at a 45 degree angle.

I sometimes have to choose another place, or dig out a little
slot for purchase, but sometimes they just start turning out nice
as anything.

That said, I've only fixed six -- but I only had to drill one of
those. And whatever else you were going to do can be done just
as easily after trying this first.

Susan