[pianotech] Damper Felt for Collard & Collard

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 21 20:32:35 MDT 2012

List,
Attached is a picture of a damper head from an 1892 Collard & Collard
grand. All the dampers use flat treble felt.
None of the supply houses that I know of have treble felt in long enough
lengths to do each head with one continuous piece.
Anyone have a source or any great ideas?
Thanks,
Chuck Raynor
Raynor Piano Service
St. Helena Island, SC

Chuck,
Went through the same thing several years ago. Tuner's supply was still
up/running. Got a bunch of felt in sheets, so I could cut my own. All it
requires is a VERY SHARP KNIFE.<G> How much do you need? I'll share.
Regards,
Joe

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain of the Tool Police