[pianotech] Tech needed Gold Beach, OR

Larry Fisher RPT larry_fisher at pdxtuner.com
Tue Aug 21 10:21:47 MDT 2012

contact Patti Hansen, pattih at moderninsurance.com

She’s moving an old upright in nice condition from the PDX area to the Oregon southern coast.  She did lots of the work herself (bridal straps, refin, etc.) and is quite proud of her piano.  All the work she did so that her grandson had an instrument to play.  She doesn’t play a lick.  It has a big beautiful sound and is very nice to look at.  We talked about the effects of coastal salts in the air (1/4 mile from the ocean) and metal (springs, strings, glue, brass) and followed that with a discussion about the Dampp-Chaser system and it’s benefits.  I’ve been tuning her piano for probably over 15 years.

Lar