[pianotech] More agraffes...kind'a

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Tue Aug 21 07:52:23 MDT 2012

On 8/21/2012 8:30 AM, Jim Ialeggio wrote:
> Ron Said:
>
> <A piloted counter bore, used for making a fastener head bedding surface
>
> ok. Though you must have turned your own pilot to get a 1/4"-ish pilot
> on a 7/16 OD counterbore...no?

Must I? No, actually, I rummaged through a big bin of them at my local
surplus yard thirty years ago, caliper in hand, and found what I wanted.
Cost me maybe ten minutes and a couple of bucks. I didn't have a lathe
at the time, but making a pilot wouldn't have been all that tough on a
drill press either. I haven't looked, but since there seem to be
billions of pilots knocking around, I expect they're available
commercially too.

Ron N