[pianotech] Piano care class

Tom Driscoll tomtuner at verizon.net
Tue Aug 21 05:13:06 MDT 2012

How bout this?
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Pam Bero
  To: pianotech at ptg.org
  Sent: Monday, August 20, 2012 10:29 PM
  Subject: [pianotech] Piano care class

  Hello All:

  I'm going to be giving a 'piano care' class to the general public at the local store and would like to include a pamphlet with pictures of neglected pianos.  I'm hoping that there may be some out there that I can use and you wouldn't mind sharing with me.

  I'm looking for:

  Worn hammers

  Cracked soundboards

  Rusty strings

  Broken strings

  Dirty sound boards and actions

  Cracked keys

  Chipped keys

  Uneven key line

  Uneven hammer line

  Missing bridle straps

  Etc.

  I think you get the picture....  Anything you have would be very much appreciated.

  If any of you have given a class like this and would like to give suggestions, that would be welcome too.  This is a '101' class and will be very basic.  I'm not a public speaker and would take tips on how to organize this also.

  Thank you in advance for your help:  Pam Bero, associate member.