[pianotech] Teflon (was Re: Return Spring )

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Sun Aug 19 13:09:53 MDT 2012

On 8/19/2012 1:05 PM, David Boyce wrote:
> There has been some discussion about this before, and a fairly long
> thread in the LinkedIn piano technicians group. Teflon is absolutely OK,
> it seems.

 From the Anterograde Amnesia Research Fellowship and Catfish Farm:

David,
The more of the pianotech list you read, the more you'll find that the
information presented here is very Teflon like. The real stuff rarely
sticks, and the cheap imitations loop through again and again endlessly
and are never upgraded. I've seen topics discussed accurately and
thoroughly for days, only to have someone ask the very question that had
just been so well covered, not a week later. This topic, like all the
others, will be back as if it were new and real, and then again, and again.

I'll likely do the same with this observation as well.

Ron N