[pianotech] plate weights

Euphonious Thumpe lclgcnp at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 15 18:53:08 MDT 2012

Jim,
     You've probably figured this out already, but heavy-duty ratchet straps ( at least 1,500 lbs test each, for peace of mind) attached to the plate in a 3-point configuration allow you to delicately adjust level for lifting from the piano (still, though, with protective cardboard or such arond the edges) or any other moving situation. (Why anyone would continue to use old-fashionecd buckle straps is beyond me, but I still see this.) I'm too a one-man operation, so have had to devise ways to tip pianos and get plates out, and etc., solo.