[pianotech] Slightly OT: Movie recommendation

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Tue Aug 14 20:14:10 MDT 2012

FWIW the film doesn't really focus on the "spiritual".  There are several
issues that are addressed about commitment to one's craft and all are worth
considering in light of our own work.  But what struck me was the notion of
doing the same thing every day, never being satisfied, always striving to do
better, never getting complacent, always looking for new ideas.  True
mastery is only sought after, never achieved.  There's a nice side bar about
passing on one's business and why that is so difficult in a trade in which
people identify what you do with you.  I found it meaningful.  Worth a look.
Nothing terribly woo woo, very grounding.  At least I thought it was.

David Love

www.davidlovepianos.com