[pianotech] Slightly OT: Movie recommendation

Euphonious Thumpe lclgcnp at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 14 17:43:11 MDT 2012

Hey Ron, I AGREE!
    The endless barrage of "noise" we are bombarded with may be less an innocuous side effect of others' activities, than a designated, nefarious attempt to DISTRACT us from our meaningful "inner chatter". (Which settles down on its own accord into Reason, if not encouraged to go one way or another. Like the trays of a scale finding balance.)
     "Advertising", by the way, does NOT mean "promotion of one's product". Its root is "advert", and the literal dictionary meaning ( at least in MY Webster's) is "The intentional diversion of someone's attention from what they were focused on, to something else." At which point the motives of the diverter --- magnanimous or not--- should be carefully discerned.

Thumpe