[pianotech] More on the M&H screw-stringer.

Euphonious Thumpe lclgcnp at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 13 23:18:16 MDT 2012

     It's actually in Atlanta and you can see pics of it on the Atlanta craigslist, for only $150. I put "dibs" on it because it seemed like a very good deal, and I could have an Atlanta firm pick it up and store it until you could get it, or bring it here to my shop in Athens if you promised to retrieve it very soon, or were interested in some of my other for-sale inventory, such as:

  2 matching, ornate, "Eastlake", 3-bridge, 57" Knabe uprights ( from early 1890's-- a model called on this list "the best upright ever made" by some members, a few years back). With them comes an astonishing
(sorry, just 1) matching, mechanical, "Eastlake" piano chair with a rack-and-pinion seat raising mechanism.

 1 ornate, rosewood,1899 Knabe upright with a fretwork-over-silk front.

 1 5'2" Mathushek grand with (count 'em!) FIVE hardwood posts running perpendicular to the belly rail!!!

 1  5'7" Conover model 77 grand.

  1  5'8" Chickering Ampico reproducer (1920) with 600 rolls, about 400 of them Ampico rolls, mostly recuts.

All pianos are guaranteed good-to-excellent rebuild stock, and certified mouse-house FREE!

Thumpe
(706) 351-7817