[pianotech] more agraffes

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Mon Aug 13 16:48:00 MDT 2012

It hasn't been that long since the bichord agraffe hole width discussion
went by, so maybe someone still remembers it. As a belated addition, I
was rummaging around in the shop just now looking for something else
altogether, and ran across a parts drawer in one of the multi drawer
cabinet things full of odd agraffes accumulated through many years. One
of them was a not very well painted super double wide bichord! While the
new wide was 0.022" wider than the standard, the old super wide was
0.050" wider than the new wide! I don't know what it came out of, but I
wish I'd been paying attention when I took them out to see what other
spacings there were.

As usual, we miss more than we see.

Ron N