[pianotech] Broken Drill Bit in Bridge

Encore Pianos encorepianos at metrocast.net
Mon Aug 13 12:43:30 MDT 2012

I made a drill rig using a small cheap straight air drill, using a drawer
slide as a guide track and mounted on an angled stand (very similar to
Michael Spreemans rig)  I used it on one piano, and it works.  But the whole
thing is a bit too much of a Clydesdale where a miniature pony would be
better.  Plus, I have to have the bridge off the panel to drill it, and I
want something that gives me the flexibility to drill in the piano.  So I am
attracted to something like Ron's rig for its compactness and simplicity.

Will Truitt