[pianotech] Thubby Chipboard, was: Flagpoling

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Sun Aug 12 09:04:59 MDT 2012

On 8/12/2012 5:50 AM, Euphonious Thumpe wrote:

> (Other than to say that I personally prefer the tone of a top-notch,
> classic piano with a very hard wood core.)

Which is likely pre-blight chestnut. Interestingly, somewhat over 100
years after the importation of the responsible fungus into this country,
a blight resistant tree has finally been developed that some think will
be able to successfully reestablish some small part of the vast old
chestnut forests for commercial harvest. What amazing timing! I
personally find it comforting that you have discovered the secret of
piano design at just the right time to take advantage of the
reestablishment of the wood that will return the art to it's past
perfection. Congratulations.

Ron N