[pianotech] .....key sets for lesser pianos

Euphonious Thumpe lclgcnp at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 10 16:44:06 MDT 2012

The piano belonged to a State Department chap who was quite fond of it, and wanted it "done to perfection";
but it was BADLY mouse-infested! (We all started violently coughing when the lid was opened.) He died during restoration, and I bought the piano from his estate. It is done to the "nth": $1,500 spent plating hardware,
for example, and you can easily pump it with just one pinky finger on one pedal, etc.. But I've never been able to totally get rid of the smell. Even by sequestering all the action parts in a high-intensity ozone-blast chamber for a month! So I'm replacing the action parts with those from another "Standard" player, but still need some keys.

     I have a completely un-worn set of "Standard" pedal mats, by the way, (with the fancy "S" molded into the rubber) that came from a  warehouse in Atlanta with the original protective showroom-cardboard still tacked on, and am very seriously considering casting duplicates. If any of y'all want a set, please let me know.

Thumpe