[pianotech] Laroy Edwards and Dale Erwin teem teach at Erwins piano rest. Sat the 18th

Dale Erwin erwinspiano at aol.com
Thu Aug 9 20:51:50 MDT 2012

Just in case anyone's in the area...come on down

Dale Erwin R.P.T.
Erwin's Piano Restoration Inc.
 Mason & Hamlin/Steinway/U.S. pianos
www.Erwinspiano.com
Phone: 209-577-8397

Helloeveryone,

On August18th The Fresno and Modesto PTG chapters will be having a specialcombined meeting. This will be a wonderful opportunity for our chapters to getto know each other better andto be instructed by two very skilled RPT’s Dale Erwin and LaRoy Edwards.

LaRoyEdwards of the Fresno chapter will teach his ever popular class on "Aftertouch", with a few items thrown in on tips and techniques to make grandaction regulation a bit easier and more accurate.

His presentation is based on the many years as one of theprimary developers and instructors of the Little Red Schoolhouse program taughtby Yamaha for the last 41 years.  Ipersonally learned how to regulate grands effectively from LaRoy.
LaRoy has a wonderful way of making complex comprehensivesubjects comprehensible in his usual humble and concise style.  His class time will be approx. 1 1/2 hours.

Dale Erwin of the Modestochapter will present 1 1/2 hours....or so... on,” Action ratios, Hammer weightsand Regulation."
You ask...and how will that help me?
This presentation is based on a class presented at West-pac Utah in February.
We'll explore how hammer weight and key leverage affect everything we perceiveand adjust in the grand piano action. This should dovetail with Laroys classnicely. Right Laroy?
A power point presentation helps make practical up close and personal hands onexamples.
Using information from both classes should help you better serve your clientsand your income earning potential.

The Fresno chapter have expressed an interest as to how the re-introduction ofthe famous Weickert felt occurred and what this is all about. The opportunityto hear and play at least 1 Steinway B with Weickert hammers will be madeavailable.
It’s a lot to pack in to a short time but it should be time well spent. I amlooking forward for our two chapters to get to know each other. Please... feelfree to invite folks from other chapters.

No Cost for attending.
Where: Erwin’s Piano Restoration:
At: 4721 Parker rd.
Modesto, CA 95357
209-577-8397

Please R.S.V.P. to Dale Erwin or Larry Obreyif possible for a lunch head count.
Plenty of Parking.

Starting at 10 am Sharp!! August 18th. Lunch at 12 ish. provided by bothChapters.
2nd half resumes 1:30. Done by 3:30.
Plenty of air conditioning.

Hi All
  The Joint Fresno /Modesto chapter meeting is about a week
 (Sat the 18 th) away and So far we have about 20 folks signed up and more calling in from the other chapters. Some from Santa Clara, Santa Cruz possibly Sac. and Golden Gate. I kind of expect 30 ish people. Hey ...Bring a friend!
 Should be a fun time. Lots of air conditioning if its hot. It will be hot!
  Donated piano tools that will be given away as well as a couple door prizes donated by the Erwin crew